Front End Developer
JAYPAY: Our ethos
We’re good at what we do, and given that we’re a class above other marketing and brand agencies, we could simply fill this bit of the Front End Developer job spec with fluff words which show you why we think we’re the best. Thing is, when it comes to the JAYPAY brand, we’re more interested in talking up our awesomely talented team, which hopefully might include you soon. It’s our team that makes JAYPAY what it is; our team which drives us forward, and our team which differentiates us from the rest. So, enough talk about why we think we’re the best. We think it’s time we focused on what our team has to say:
“There’s always a chance for anyone here to realise the potential they’ve got, even if they don’t know it! You’re pushed out of your comfort zone and into a space that’ll show you what you’re truly made of. You can trust your mentor, not to mention that I actually love the marketing domain.”
Former intern, now marketing superstar
Your role as a front End developer at JAYPAY
As a Front End Developer, you’ll be working closely with our CMO on all the current and future projects. It’s a fun and exciting role for anyone who wants to work for a fast-paced marketing and brand agency that’s going places. Plus, you’ll learn a lot. That’s a promise.
Key responsibilities as a Front End Developer
As a Front End Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking Adobe XD designs from the JAYPAY Visuals Team and turning these designs into outstanding, responsive templates on WordPress
- Ensuring every template and website you create is fully responsive
- Writing clean, functional code on the front-end side
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Developing new and innovative user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimising all the websites you create for page speed
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
What we’re looking for in our Front End Developer
We’re looking for a hungry, driven Front End Developer who’s comfortable with front end coding languages, development frameworks, and understands third-party libraries. We’re looking for a real team player who has a true knack for visual design and utility.
When it comes to adding new talent JAYPAY, we don’t just look at your academic background. You can have PhDs coming out of your arse, but if you don’t fit in, can’t smile, are incapable of having fun, can’t relax, or get off whatever high horse you’re on, maybe it’s best you try another marketing agency. We’re looking for brilliant minds that’ll turn heads with their creativity, and make everyone around them want to be around them.
For the role of Front End Developer, we’re looking for a brilliant mind who has the following in their locker:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in creating responsive websites without having to be shown what is responsive and what clearly isn’t
- Experience when it comes to working with Git
- The ability to create WordPress themes from scratch as well as modify WordPress themes to perform any functions
- The ability to build innovative WordPress plugins – this is a plus as it could involve some back end dev work
Some advantages that could get you through the door
When it comes to drawing up the candidate shortlist, we take a look at absolutely everything. But, If you’ve got this additional experience, you just might make it onto the shortlist faster than anyone else:
- Experience with frameworks such as React (and some experience when it comes to working with Next.js) and Angular
- Understands the fundamentals of UX/UI
Some of the perks you'll get as a front end developer at JAYPAY
As a Front End Developer at JAYPAY, what we can guarantee is that you’ll be loved and cared for. You’ll be treated like an adult and we’re confident that you’ll never experience a working environment like the one we’ve developed at JAYPAY. There are monetary benefits too, and this includes being paid in Fresh US Dollars. Bonuses for exceptionally hard work are given too, and our offices within BDD are awesome.
How to apply
If you believe that you are the right Front End Developer we’re looking for, go ahead and fill in the form. Every application is treated confidentially, and as we’re not lovers of spam, we’ll never give out your personal details to anyone. Being an EU company means we’re fully GDPR compliant too.
We’re going to ask you to prove that you’re as good as you say you are, so have your portfolio ready, and make sure the websites you show us are responsive.
Stay safe, stay awesome, and good luck!